April 7, 2019

[Review] Ao Haru Ride, Vol. 4 - Io Sakisaka

Summary: Futaba Yoshioka thought all boys were loud and obnoxious until she met Kou Tanaka in junior high. But as soon as she realized she really liked him, he had already moved away because of family issues. Now, in high school, Kou has reappeared, but is he still the same boy she fell in love with?

Futaba Yoshioka has encountered her first love again in high school, but he seems different from the boy she once knew. She realizes her feelings for Kou are not because of who he was in the past, but who he is now. When she discovers that her friend Yuri has a crush on him, Futaba is unsure what to do.
(Pub Date: Apr 02, 2019)

If you haven't read the first volume yet, this is the story of Futaba, who meets her first love some years after never getting to fulfill her feelings for him. Now he even goes by another family name so much he's changed, but deep down the kindness from those days shows.

You can check our review here!

Still worth it, still super recommended. Even more! This si really the shoujo manga I was missing in my life. I'm so glad this story exists! The feels, the fluffiness, it's got everything I love in a shoujo and has become my favorite from the mangas I have been following. 

From now on, there will be spoilers from volumes 1 through 3. Don't read it if you haven't read those volumes, please.

It feels like I say this every review, but I was afraid the manga would take a route I'm not too into, friends fighting for a guy. This volume indicates that won't be a focus, thank God. We also get to learn more of Kou's past and the reason he may have changed. As it's been with each volume, the two keep getting closer, but this time we're introduced to a possible love rival. They don't got in details yet, it'll probably be the plot of volume 5.

I think I made myself clear before but this manga is really good! To a point I keep saving it until the deadline of my review just so I can spend more time with it. Should I just import the rest instead of waiting? So, yes, I'm in love. From the latest shoujo manga I've read, this is my favorite in years.

So pleas, please, keep going like this!


Honest review based on an ARC provided by Edelweiss. Many thanks to the publisher for this opportunity.

Rating: 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment