July 24, 2019

[Review] Announcing Trouble - Amy Fellner Dominy

Summary: I may know everything there is to know about baseball, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it. Or like him. Garrett Reeves: sidelined player and the embodiment of everything I’ve learned to hate about baseball. He’s gorgeous, he’s cocky, he’s laser-focused on getting back in the game, no matter the cost.

When he convinces me to call games alongside him, our chemistry heats up the booth. We’re good together, whether I want to admit it or not. I’m finding that I like baseball again, but even worse, I’m liking Garrett. A lot.

But when he has to decide between our future and a new shot at his dreams, I know baseball will win out every time.
(Pub Date: Aug 05, 2019)

This was cute, this was nice, this was funny.

3.5, rounded up.

Josie has had to deal with the loss of her greatest love, her father. He abandoned her to go after his dream and play baseball in Japan, and now she hates both him and the game. She's managed to keep distance until one day she barges into a transmission, because it was going that terrible. Since then, Garrett started bothering her for the two to pair up and win a chance to call a majors game, where her father never stepped foot.

Even though it doesn't have that much different from other YA romances, I had a great time reading. I know nothing about baseball, but it never got in the way, there aren't that many scenes about the game itself, even though the topic is ever present. Perhaps, it's even better that I didn't know?

Both main characters have god chemistry and personality. I love Garrett's plans going from A to Z no matter how bad the situation looks and how Josie progresses from the comfort zone she caved for herself thanks to meeting him. The side characters, including Josie's best friend, her mother and Garrett's friends were super fun and made me laugh.

It's not a book that will amaze you, it doesn't even try, but you'll surely find it entertaining and cute. If you want guaranteed good time with a YA romance, this is a good pick.


Honest review based on an ARC provided by Netgalley. Many thanks to the publisher for this opportunity.

Rating: 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment