June 9, 2019

[Review] Takane & Hana, Vol. 9 - Yuki Shiwasu

Summary: A strong-willed high school girl and a hot young scion of a business empire can’t help trying to outwit each other every chance they get… But could these opposites be conning themselves out of the perfect match?!

After her older sister refuses to go to an arranged marriage meeting with Takane Saibara, the heir to a vast business fortune, high schooler Hana Nonomura agrees to be her stand-in to save face for the family. But when these two utter opposites pair up, get ready for some sparks to fly!

Hana’s father makes the deal of a lifetime and moves the Nonomura family into a huge mansion… But what the Nonomuras didn’t plan on was Takane moving in with them! Just how are Takane and Hana going to adjust to living together?
(Pub Date: Jun 04, 2019)

Honest review based on an ARC provided by Edelweiss. Many thanks to the publisher for this opportunity.


This volume seems to go back to the original proposal of getting the clichés and then give them a good spin. I really enjoyed reading this one. But now you may read spoilers from the previous volumes so refrain from proceeding if you're not up to date.

It was a light volume, nothing bad actually happens, which makes me wonder about the next one. There's nothing implied but I feel like this was the calm before the storm. Still, you can see how much I enjoyed. 3,5 stars, which I'm rounding up to 4.
Takane is forced to live together with Hana's family but he's not sure of this living arrangement, even if the whole family is actively campaigning for him to accept it. In the middle of this, incidents keep happening between him and Hana. As I said, we're back to the origins and I was super satisfied with this.

Further in the volume, we finally see Okamoto having to face his own feelings. I confess I'm not into triangles but this was the elephant in the room of this manga so I'm glad we'll finally focus on this.

We've been slow burning the main romance too but all the characters are giving signs of reaching their limits. What now? Yes, I'm pretty curious.


Rating: 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment